St. Mary's Church
St. Mary’s Church is an Anglican church that began in 1911 as a chapel for those at the Eyre Diocesan Refuge. Much of the early work depended on volunteers and donations but nearby devotees would also eventually be baptised there. On Christmas Eve in 1937, a new church building of Chinese-Anglican architectural design by Chau Lu-Nin 周耀年 and Richard Lee 李禮之 was unveiled. Red brick walls are embellished with Chinese pillars and stained-glass windows. Inside, a Chinese cloud motif appears on pews and walls. Apart from religious services, the church is also active in the field of education, and established the St. Mary’s Primary School in 1959 and the St. Mary’s College in 1963.
St. Mary’s Church, 2A Tung Lo Wan Road, Causeway Bay
A childhood spent at Lee Theatre
Lee Theatre was once one of the city’s most glamorous institutions. Standing at the very edge of Percival Street, it opened to the public in 1927 and hosted a range of shows from Cantonese opera to film screenings, and even the Miss Hong Kong pageant during its heyday…
Chairman of Bei Shan Tang Foundation